Saturday, March 22, 2008

MEN ARE LIKE WAFFLES - WOMEN ARE LIKE SPAGHETTI

Why is communication with the opposite gender so difficult? Because Men are like Waffles, and Women are Like Spaghettie by Bill and Pam Farrel.

Understanding your waffle man:

Men process life in boxes. If you look down at a waffle, you see a collection of boxes separated by walls. That is typically how a man processes life. Our thinking is divided ip into boxes that have room for one issue AND one issue ONLY. The first issue of life goes in the first box, the second goes in the second box and so on. The typical man then spends time in one box at a time AND one box ONLY. When a man is at work, he is at work. When he is in the garage tinkering around, he is in the garage tinkering. When he is watching TV, he is WATCHING TV! Social scientists call this "compartmentalising".

Understanding your spaghetti woman:

In contrast to men's waffle like approach, women process life more like a plate of spaghetti. If you look at a plate of spaghetti, you notice that there are individual noodles that all touch one another. If you attempted to follow one noodle around the plate, you would intersect a lot of other noodles and you might even switch to another noodle seamlessly. That is how women face life. This is why women are typically better at multi-tasking than men. She can talk on the phone, prepare a meal, make a shopping list, work on the planning for tomorrow's business meeting, give instructions to her children as they are going out to play and close the door with her foot without skipping a beat!

I really like this part where a conversation between a couple is going on:

Quote

Honey, I was driving by your favourite truck store yesterday, you know the one where you got the cup holder? Right by your truck store is my favourite dress store, and there is the cutest suit in the window. It's my colour, you know I went to that seminar on colours and I found out I was a "winter" so I knew if I got this suit you would say, "Oh Baby!" and I love that! You know the suit reminded me of the one Mrs Clinton wore for that press conference a few years ago. You know when she was talking about Eleanor Roosevelt talking to her? I wanted to say, " Hillary, Eleanor is dead!" That's so weird, thinking you are hearing from a dead person.

And ladies, all this while we men are asking, " So what about my truck?"

Unquote

That I think is a good one to wrap up on the differences between Man and Woman

No comments: